launch of NEW business PARTNER PROGRAM
ALBUQUERQUE, NM, January 11, 2006 - Spring Lake Software, Inc., a leading software developer of wealth management solutions, is pleased to announce the launch of its Business Partner Program. The new program enables Spring Lake's partners to profit from the company's flagship product- Spring Lake Portfolio Manager. Spring Lake Portfolio Manager is designed for financial professionals as well as high-net-worth individuals and families. The software is a powerful professional-quality investment management and tracking system.
Spring Lake's partner program is made up of industry leading Technology Partners, Resellers and Affiliates. The program will enable companies to provide, recommend or sell Spring Lake Portfolio Manager within the high-net-worth market. "Spring Lake creates a strong working relationship with our partners to solve the challenges of personal financial management," said Thomas Murdock, president of Spring Lake Software. "Through our partner program, Spring Lake Partners can attract and retain high-net-worth individuals and families, and empower the professionals who work with them."
Working with Spring Lake enables partners to drive deeper customer relationships by meeting their financial management needs. There are several advantages to becoming a Spring Lake Business Partner. By offering Spring Lake Portfolio Manager, companies are able to:
- Increase market share
- Offer more value to customers
- Differentiate from the competition
For more information about our partner program visit our partner page.
SpringLake Portfolio Manager version 3.4 released. Historical Quote Retrieval is now supported! Portfolio valuations can be calculated for past trading dates, and warnings will be displayed if there are transactions dated subsequent to the desired prior trading date.
SpringLake Portfolio Manager version 3.3 released. Support for tax-qualified dividends now included. There is also a new Quick Start Wizard which will help new users get up and running quickly and easily. The Securities Library has a new typeahead feature to help you find securities, and there is a new Available Cash report.
ATCS2 Traffic Manager version 1.30 introduced. See SOFTWARE above for details and tour the features. Click on the link on the homepage to download. This new version allows processing and merging of arriving and departing flight data captured during a live feed ATCS2 session into the current sector.
ATCS2 Traffic Manager version 1.29 introduced. See SOFTWARE above for details and tour the features.
SpringLake Portfolio Manager 3.1 update released. New type-ahead and "show portfolios where occurs" features in the Securities Library view. New cash account fees and service charges report. New sub-totals on the cash deposits and withdrawals reports. Taxable flag defaults to "true" when entering dividends and interest. Securities Capitalization reports now support mutual fund total return. Manual quote data entry improved. Various minor bug fixes.
SpringLake Portfolio Manager released! It's been nearly two years in the making and you're probably wondering what's it's all about! While Spring Lake Portfolio Manager is a complete rewrite of Investor's ScoreCard, much of what people liked about the old product is in the new product as well. Many of the features were redesigned to give a cleaner, simpler interface. Additionally, the product was rewritten to keep it current with the latest technology. Generally this means it's faster, more efficient, more secure, and plays better with others.
We're proud to say that Portfolio Manager is Microsoft Certified for Windows XP. That means it's a "well behaved" application in a Windows environment.
Probably the biggest change is in the user interface.
- Cleaner, simpler, and more intuitive
- Larger fonts for easier reading
- more use of color such as for gains and losses
- use of pop-ups and drop downs for less critical information which is still instantly available!
- use of spreadsheet format for data gives you more flexibility
- allows you to choose the columns you want to display
- allows sorting columns into the sequence you want
- allows for moving the columns around (re-ordering the columns L to R) and changing their width
- use of check boxes for portfolio selection
- Portfolio View and Security View screens are resizable
- Portfolio View and Security View size and on-screen position are remembered between sessions
- Preferred stock is now its own security type with fields defined especially for it
- CD's have been enhanced
- Shorted securities are maintained separately from Longs and can co-exist in the same portfolio
- Stock options have a strike price and expiration date
- LEAPS are supported
- Description fields have been expanded to 40 characters
- Security View separates open transactions (positions) from closed positions
- Transactions are tied specifically to the type of security - if they're not appropriate for the security type, they're disabled.
- Buys, sells, dividends, and interest are linked to the matching cash or margin transaction so when you edit or delete the buy, etc. you automatically edit or delete the related cash entry.
- Date entry using a calendar is available, proper trade dates are validated
- Has been streamlined to run faster and more efficiently
- "One Click Update" has been added to retrieve and apply quotes with one mouse click. There's no intervention - no stops!
- Gain/loss is displayed on a tax lot basis without the need to run a special report
- Five different values for cost basis are available for calculating gain/loss. You can choose the one you want to use.
- Tabs down the left side of the report selection screen group the available reports by report class
- New Available Cash Report lets you see how much cash you have for more purchases!
- Sort sequence selection is available for more reports.
Security Moves from One Portfolio to Another
- Security Copy now supports Merge. Security data will automatically be merged when the same security exists in both the sending and receiving portfolios
- Has been completely re-written and allows for more levels of nesting. It uses a more intuitive drag-and-drop interface that makes it easier and faster to set up asset allocation. The new Asset Allocation report matches to the way you think about grouping securities.
- Now you can send e-mail from inside Portfolio Manager including an attachment, automatically zipped, directly to Spring Lake Software
- There's a brand new Help File that works with your browser
Bug Fixes or Minor Enhancements
- No Investment vs Non-Investment Deposit, just Cash Deposits and Withdrawals
- Decimal data storage which removes rounding errors versus the old floating point storage method
- Totals are calculated on the fly rather than stored. This keeps them in sync with the transactions at all times.
- The Notepad tab is marked with an asterisk (*), if a note is present for a portfolio or security
- Use of Microsoft's new .NET framework, designed for use with a browser, provides better security and software protection, forces components to play well together, and is more stable
- Upgrade to a more powerful, stable, and scaleable database - SQLServer (Desktop Edition). As you have more and more data and more and more portfolios, this will handle the volume easily with no loss of performance.
- Trace capabilities for trouble shooting
Bad News - There's Not Much and its small stuff!
- If you have existing ScoreCard data, you'll need to run our database conversion program. The conversion program is FREE and included with the installation of Portfolio Manager.
- If you have preferred stocks in ScoreCard, you will want to change them to preferred stocks in Portfolio Manager. You'll need to perform the conversion from common stock to preferred stock, but it's very easy to do and only needs to be done once.
- Support for Windows 98 is not available with Portfolio Manager. It will install and run on a Windows 98 or ME system, but accurate results are not guaranteed.
- Connection to the Internet must be made before retrieving quotes automatically. If you have a persistent (i.e. cable, DSL) connection, this will not be a problem. If you use dial-up, then you must connect to the Internet first and then open Portfolio Manager to retrieve quotes.
- Programs and data reside in different folders. This makes backup a little more complex. To install programs you'll need administrator rights.
What's Old - what hasn't changed!What hasn't changed is actually quite a bit!
- Main screen information is generally the same, QuickStart buttons and menus, portfolio selection
- Reports will look familiar
- Navigation is the same
- Portfolio View and Security View screens still exist although their format has changed
- Master Security Library is still available
- Data hierarchy is the same (Portfolios contain securities, securities contain transactions...)
- Quote retrieval is generally the same